The NFB, a public producer and distributor, known as one of the world’s leading creative laboratories, engaged the services of Creos for the on-site production management of Expo 67 Live.
A tremendous event in Montreal’s history, the 1967 Universal’s Exposition is a symbol of openness on the world and modernity, great works, and international success. As part of the celebrations of the 375th anniversary of the city of Montreal, the NFB wanted to set up a unique film immersion event; Expo 67 Live. In the same spirit as the audiovisual installations of the original event, Expo 67 Live proposed to create cinematographic magic through simultaneous “cinema mapping” on the various facades of the Place-des-Arts Esplanade buildings, at the heart of the city of Montreal.
Concretely, Creos was given the following mandate:
- Bridging the gap between Karine Lanoie-Brien’s creative team and the technical teams
- Write specifications & technical specifications and production of the event (logistics, electricity, engineering, architecture, operation, and maintenance).
- Ensure the production of set-up plans
- Write and manage production and operation budgets
- Ensure the implementation and the ideal site
- Write deadlines, deliverables, and milestones for production
- Recruit and manage human resources for the realization of the project
- Ensure the recruitment and management of production suppliers
- Ensure the drafting of relevant documents for obtaining all permits
- Assist the client for communication with the residents and the relevant authorities
- Recommend and assist with inventory storage
- Ensure the customer experience (mobility, positioning of street furniture, flagging, and signage)
National Film Board of Canada (NFB)
Karine Lanoie-Brien, réalisation
Francis Gélinas (Couleur TV), direction artistique
Esplanade de la Place-des-Arts, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Expo 67 Live presents cinematic projections on giant screens showcasing the NFB and the commemoration of Expo67. The success of this unique installation rests on the outstanding professionalism and intuitive know-how of its creators.”
Free translation – RENÉ CHÉNIER, Executive Producer, Corporate Programming and Production, National Film Board of Canada (CAN)