1. What personal data do we collect?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our services, we may collect the following types of personal data from time to time:
- Identity information, such as a first or last name;
- Contact information, such as a mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number;
- Recruitment information, such as a resume, educational background, and employment history;
- Information about the use of our website, how you interact with our website, and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
2. How do we collect your personal data
Personal data is collected through:
- Voluntary communication on your part (e.g. by sending us a question, comment, or request by any means of communication);
- Use of our services (e.g. by participating in an event or activity);
- Use of our website or use of a registration form on our website;
- Responding to a job posting.
3. Why do we use personal data?
We collect and use the personal data you provide for the following purposes only:
- To provide the product, service, or information you have requested, including fulfilling our obligations under any agreement you may have with us, as well as to respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- For hiring purposes so we can assess your application for current or future employment opportunities at Creos and to contact you about such opportunities;
- In order to facilitate the use of our website, to ensure that content is relevant, and to make sure that our website’s content is presented in the best way for you and your device, as well as to allow Creos to compile customer statistics;
- For any other purpose for which you have otherwise given your consent;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To enforce our rights and meet our legal obligations;
- To reorganize or modify our company.
4. With whom do we share personal data?
We do not sell, trade, or distribute your personal data to third parties unless you have given us permission to do so. We undertake not to share your data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- If required by law or for any legal proceedings;
- In order to prove or protect our legal rights;
- To purchasers or potential purchasers of Creos if we seek to sell the company;
- To third-party service providers and/or partners who provide us with website services, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to personal data or process it in connection with the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to these service providers to what is reasonably necessary for them to perform their duties.
5. How do we store personal data?
We retain personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
6. What rights does an individual have with respect to their personal data?
You have a number of rights with respect to your personal data. Under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable data protection laws, you may be entitled to the following rights:
- Access: the right to ask whether we process personal data and, if so, to request access to the personal data.
- Rectification: the right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we have be updated or rectified.
- Withdrawal: the right to modify or withdraw your consent to the collection, communication, or use of your personal data. Your consent to the use of your personal data is valid until you withdraw it.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as indicated in section “9. How to contact us.”
Information transmitted automatically between computers cannot be used to identify you personally. It is used for statistical purposes and is only collected because of the technological requirements inherent to web browsing. For more information about the cookies we use, please refer to our General Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. How do we protect personal data?
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect our systems from unauthorized access and to protect the personal data we have received from any unauthorized use. This includes cybersecurity measures, confidentiality agreements with employees, and access to personal data, which is restricted to only those staff members who need to know it or whose duties reasonably require such information. We periodically review and improve our security measures.
9. How to contact us
To ask questions about personal data, exercise your rights, file a complaint, or obtain information about our standards and practices, contact our Data Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Creos Experts-Conseil Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
1-1375 rue Marie-Victorin
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC, Canada J3V 6B7